Sunday, December 30, 2012

Vintage Rosette Cake + Happy New Year

happy New Year!  Well, almost!  As the New Year draws near, I felt the need to finally separate the bakery blog and the event design blog.  So moving forward, this blog will feature everything coming and going at the bakery. 

I thought I would start off with this ruffly little birthday cake for an 85th birthday recently celebrated at Citizen Public House in Old Town Scottsdale.  The vintage colors and style were my choice, as the client left it all up to me.  The cake was gluten free vanilla bean with classic vanilla bean butter cream, Italian BC as always.

I had seen the multicolor rosettes featured on a lot of cakes this year and decided to give it a try.  I love the way the apricot, caramel and white looked swirled together, it really gave the rosettes a lot more dimension than just one color.  Little pearls and classic roses on top gave it a vintage feel, so when I finished the plaque, I decided to "antique" it with some pearl dust.  Definitely one of my favorite cakes from 2012.  And coincidentally, my last. 


Looking forward to 2013, some new challenges, and a lot more cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment